Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sweet Summertime

With another month of Summer of 2013 remaining, I think it's safe to say it can be summed up in a few words:
Weddings
Wedding Prep
SICK

Allow me to explain...

It all started off pretty great. I discovered the wonderful ways of dry shampoo after reading waaay to many bloggers talk about the stuff and suddenly, I was wearing "3rd day hair"..ME. 3 DAYS! It was ahhhmazing. So amazing I broke one of my cardinal rules and took a selfie AND posted to the social media world.
We had a RAINY 4th of July that canceled so many plans, but finally a few days later the rain broke and we were able to spend a nice, relaxing time with our family. 



LOVE HIM. 

Then the you know what hit the fan. 

I got sick. BAD sick. Four and half days off from work sick. Plus a weekend. It. Was. Bad. 
What started as Sprite and Gatorade by my bedside, quickly turned into Gatorade and 4 prescription medicines. (After a trip to the doctor's office and a whole night spent in the ER...yeah...it was bad.)
The one positive thing, if you want to call it that, to come out of that horrendous week, I started this little addiction. 
This stupid app should've come with a warning lable. And because sometimes you JUST can't wait the ten or twenty minutes to get full lives, I discovered a little tricky trick that fixes the problem. However, it screws with the time and suddenly waiting ten or twenty minutes didn't seem like a big deal anymore...

My cousin Charity got married in July also. I managed to get ready and make it to the wedding. On that particular day, except for going to the doctor's office and my night in the ER, this was the FIRST and ONLY time I had been outside the apartment in 5 days. I made it through the wedding, but that was about it for this girl. I spent the rest of the day and the next day back in bed. 




A couple days later and 12 lbs lighter, seriously, 12 lbs...again, it was bad, I made it back to work and don't you just love coming back a trashed desk and office and paperwork EVERYWHERE. 

So I'll try to save this post and not end on a COMPLETELY depressing note, I found this tervis cup at Target...it's a flippin' mason jar! Yes, I am THAT southern. I would've bought three but we're on a budget now. Ha. It's pretty great though, I love it. RUN to Target and get one...right this very second!!
And I picked up a paintbrush for the first time in a couple of months to do an order for a co-worker. And I'm not going to lie, it felt pretty great to paint again. It was a nice break from wedding planning, unpacking shower gifts, and everything else happening to us right now.

Is that picture blurry? I just noticed this...oh well. Happens to everyone with iPhone every now and then. 

HOPEFULLY this last month of Summer 2013 will be much more enjoyable than the first half. There are lots of exciting things getting ready to happen and I can't wait to enjoy them all and soak it all up!!

Happy Summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment