Monday, April 15, 2013

Be Mine..

I'm going to spare you the, I'm so far behind speech. I was emailed Friday by a certain someone, who shall remain nameless...

"You remember once upon a time how you used to have a blog that you updated occasionally? Hmmm...interesting."

I get it, I get it...

So let's go all the way back to February and maybe I can remember how this blogging thing works...

I made a TON of Valentine Monster Cookies to spread the love....while watching the Bachelor of course. That's Sean's sister Shay on the screen with him. Have you met her? I L.O.V.E. her...and her blog annnnd her foodie blog

I stepped out of my office one day for literally like 5 minutes and missed this happening. Even more random, I sat at my desk for at least an hour before I ever realized these were laying there. #legallyblind
I took them home and turned them into some Valentine's cheer!

 A few days later on Valentine's Day, S walked in with these beauties..obviously I'm a little nuts-o about tulips. He knows me well.
 I spent some time with my favorite Valentines..my precious, precious grandparents.
 For as long as I can remember, my Pa has always gotten Ma roses for Valentine's Day. This year they went to town together to get them.

I want to be like them when I grow up. Hands down.

I thought this was sweet and so true to who they are..I was at their house on a Wednesday, and they'd be going to church later that night for Bible Study. Pa already had his bible laid out ready to go...
 Duct tape must be a sign of many many years of use..this makes my heart smile.

And also for as long as I can remember, my grandma makes the communion bread for the Lord's Supper every week. She makes it in advance and takes it with her on Wednesday nights to be used for Sunday mornings.

I love her. I want to be her.
And just a few more of my favorite Valentines...


Valentine's Day was on a Thursday this year. By tradition, Thursday night is family night. Why should the holiday interrupt that? Spend it with the ones you love.

And yes we had pizza for dinner on the finest china paper plates money could buy...
Family romance at it's best! Love these times!!

1 comment:

  1. Bout Time!
    -Certain Someone who Shall Remain Nameless

    ReplyDelete