Thursday, January 31, 2013

Randoms and the Day I Found THE Dress.


{Last week marked 250 days until our BIG DAY!}

So much left to do but so much checked off the list too!

* Three weekends ago, I found, paid for and ordered “THE dress”. I had zero intentions of finding my dress that day, let alone buying one. It caught me waaaay off guard, but as clich√© as it sounds, I just knew it was the one. We laughed, we cried, it was a big ‘ol bag of overwhelming emotions.

On that day I had my mom, sister, Aunt Linda (on my mom’s side…because let’s face it we’re in the south and I have two Aunt Linda’s) and my cousin Sarah with me. It was a great group to shop with…I’m so so glad they were able to go and be there on what ended up being the only shopping trip we needed.  (I would share a picture or two but every now and then the future Mr. checks my blog and wouldn’t that just ruin the fun.)

* Two weekends ago, we went Bridesmaids Dress shopping….it was less than successful. I thought it was going to be BEYOND easy. I had a really good idea of what I wanted and it was super simple criteria. The search continues.

That’s all I have to say about that.  {*UPDATE: Since first writing this post, and holding on to it, I think I have found the 'maids dress!!! SUCCESS!!*}

* We were warmly greeted at 2 of the 3 stores where we had appointments that day.
Platt…Flatt…it all sounds the same over the phone. 

* Valentine’s day is coming up which means you can find a variety of these Dove lovelies in the stores. #fatgirlproblems. 
But they each have a cute little message inside the wrappers. That makes it all worth it, right? 

* If you’re a “boy mom” (which I am not, but am proudly a “boy aunt”) does this happen at your house?
Riley used to do this all of the time…whether it was in the floor at home, on a table or on a church pew…now Colin’s doing it. These boys are big fans of lining their cars up nice and neat. 

* Oh and it wouldn’t be a random post if I didn’t mention the new season of “The Bachelor”. (Yes, I’m one of “those” girls who’s absolutely addicted to this show.)
* Annnnways....his sister has a blog...and it's quite entertaining. Check her out  at Mix & Match Family AND she has a food blog with GREAT recipes, Mix & Match Mama.

* I'm not sure about you and where you live, but here, in middle TN, this week....the last week OF JANUARY, we've had temperatures in the 70's, flooding, tornadoes, temps in the teens and now snow. Crazy.

* We saw Les Mis back after Christmas and I just can't get it out of my head. I just LOVED that movie. Have you seen it? You should. Well, my disclaimer is, you should see it IF you like musicals. Because there is VERY little spoken word in this film. But it's brilliant and this film, this cast deserves every award that comes their way! (just my opinion)
* I just now realized I've never posted about the Proposal...maaaan, I'm so far behind. It's coming...I promise. Next week! Stay tuned!!

* We celebrated my sister's birthday back on the 10th! Aren't birthdays so much fun!? Cake (or cupcakes, whichever fancies you), presents and people sing to you!
* All you brides (current & former) reading this, did or do you find yourself listening to EVERY song you hear trying to figure out if it's a "wedding song"? No? Just me? Alright. 

*And last week S sneakily dropped these off in my office during the 5 minutes I stepped out to go get lunch. Love him.


Tulips. Yellow. Perfection.

Can't wait to marry this one!


Don't you just love a good random post?

2 comments:

  1. I was a stickler for our wedding music. I couldn't find anything current that I loved {lyrics are so dumb these days!} so I chose older songs {not like 50s and 60s} but within the last 5-10 years. I've had a wedding music blog post in my drafts since...ohhhh..November but never posted it. Maybe I will now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be ahhhmazing. And yes I agree, the majority of current music has dumb lyrics. Took the words out of my mouth.

      Delete