Sunday, December 16, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree(s)

This year I've put up three Christmas trees. Two being my own and 1 being at the hospital where I work.

Last year, I finally got on the red and lime green bandwagon and changed out my main tree to this popular theme. I went with it again this year and I just LOVE it.
 Then there is my overly girly "I Love Lucy" tree. It's nothing but red and pink and hours of fun!
From start to finish it took me about 3 to 4 hours to do both trees and that  includes unpacking all the boxes and cleaning everything up and putting boxes back in storage afterwards. I say that to say this...

It took me that long to do my 2 trees, it took 4 people 6 hours to put up the next tree.

The day before Thanksgiving was spent putting up the hospital's Christmas tree. 4 people...6 hours. I was the lucky one who got to ride around, and be lifted up and down all day in a scissor lift. I took this picture right after we got the tree assembled and "fluffed" and just as we were starting to add all the mesh ribbon.

The view from approximately 15 feet looking down.
 We used red, lime & white mesh ribbon and large ornaments in red lime and gold.
 This is the "almost done" picture taken from the 2nd floor balcony.
 In the end, the tree itself stood 12' tall on about a 3' tall base.
In the past few days finishing touches have been made around the bottom of the tree.(So that means ignore the bunched up skirt that's just kinda laying there in this one...and my water bottle in the window.)

We just LOVE how this year's tree turned out and all the Main Lobby decorations. While the hospital might not be somewhere you'd just WANT to visit unless you're coming to see a patient, why not stop by and take in all of our holiday decor in the lobby, pick up a cup of coffee at the Coffee Shop and check out all the Christmas goodies in the Gift Shop! All located in the Main Lobby. 

And if your timing is just right, you'll enjoy the sounds of Christmas tunes being played on the baby grand piano by one of our many talented community members who volunteer to come in and play for a while. 

What do your Christmas trees look like? Do you do "themed" trees or just "whatever" trees? 

No comments:

Post a Comment