Saturday, December 22, 2012

2012 CHRISTMAS CARD REVEAL

Today I'm linking up with Kelly, CourtneyFaith (who also happens to be the FABULOUS designer behind my blog) to show off this year's Christmas Cards!!

This year, I sent out two cards. The primary one being my traditional card with my nephews.

The boys are just IN LOVE with baseball right now, and Julie @ Capture Photography thought it would be great to incorporate that into this year's photo shoot. After our afternoon of photos was said and done (and the obligatory trip to Ralph's Donuts before going home of course), I took to Etsy to find my design. I stumbled upon the AHHHMAZING Roxter Designs shop and fell in love with this design with a few minor color changes.
The next card I sent out was a spur of the moment decision. Stephen & I got engaged the week before Thanksgiving...well after I had ordered the first round of Christmas cards. One day at work I had a lightbulb moment (which doesn't happen often)...CHRISTMAS CARD SAVE THE DATES! YES!!

The backstory being that Stephen had hired good 'ol Julie (see the first reference to her above with a link to her website) to be there when he proposed to snap some pics of the whole thing. And trust me, that is a WHOLE story on it's own that I will save for a little later. So I used pictures from the Proposal to create our card that was sent out to our close friends and immediate family just for the heck of it.

Be sure to click on over to Kelly, Courtney & Faith's blogs to check out tons of gorgeous Christmas Cards from the Blogger World!


3 comments:

  1. I love your cards...and congratulations!!! That's so exciting =)

    Thanks for joining in the fun. I hope you have a very Merry CHRISTmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your Christmas card was also your STD. And similarly, our holiday cars this year were our Thank You cards from our wedding. Now the thanks yous weren't really holiday-y. But more that I mailed this out at time when I would normally mail holiday cards.

    And congrats on the engagement and good luck planning! We were actually engaged just before Thanksgiving as well, and now that I think about it, our holiday cards that year had our proposal photos as well.

    ReplyDelete