Monday, October 15, 2012

Prayers

I started blogging a little over two years ago, with no other purpose (at that time) than to share my paintings with whoever would stumble across my page. 

It quickly became more than that, and I soon found myself in the "blogging" community. Reading other girls' blogs from all over the country but primarily the South. Girls like me, and girls like I want to be one day...wife, mommy, PTO, the works. 

When you read about these people's lives everyday, you get to a point where you feel like you KNOW them. No, I've never met any of them face to face, but I would LOVE to one day. 

Among these said bloggers that I follow regularly is Julee Turner from Arkansas, as are most of the bloggers that I read. I joke with S that if one day when we're married we have to move, I want to move to Northwest Arkansas, because I feel like I already know so many people from there, ha!

I've been following Julee's blog for almost two years and she's a wonderful, wonderful person. She & her husband Matt welcomed their first child, Preslee almost a year ago and it's just been so fun following them now as parents. 

A week ago Sunday, Matt was tragically killed in a car accident on his way home. When I read the news Monday morning, I felt my heart sink, because again, I just felt like I KNEW him through his wife's blog. 

Matt was an evening news anchor in Arkansas; his former channel have posted many videos and reports about him since the accident. This video gives a great glimpse into his life. 

Julee and Preslee have been in all of my prayers since I found out. I just can't imagine what she's going through. She & I are the same age...I just can't imagine, and especially with Preslee's 1st birthday coming up next month. Unbelievable. But Julee has an incredible faith in God that everything's going to work out and this was part of His plan. While it's difficult to understand now, one day it will be revealed. 

There's been an OVERWHELMING outpouring of love and support from the "blogger community" for the Bell & Turner families. Several blogs are linked up hosting Silent Auctions this week with all the proceeds going towards a college fund for Preslee. 

While, again, I don't personally know her and you probably don't either, this is a great opportunity to support  a precious family in a terrible time of loss. An avenue to show your care & concern. 

Click on this link to visit Julee's blog with all of the auction info that her friends have posted. As you scroll down her page, you will find the post she did a couple days after Matt died. You will soon discover her warm and faithful heart.
If you are able, please take a moment to look at the auction items and support this family. As always the greatest blessing you can give them is to pray for them during this new and difficult transition in their lives. 

Prayers always for the Bell & Turner families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment