Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Lovin'

It's Wednesday, June 20th, which means.....
Happy Summer 2012!!! Today marks the first official day of Summer, although it's felt like Summer here in TN for a while now. 

I've compiled my Summer Loves list thanks to my own photos and good 'ol Pinterest. Find me on Pinterest here!!
 This summer we'll spend some time on beautiful Dale Hollow Lake! Love Lake Days!!

 And S & I will hit the road a couple of times to head to Georgia.
 In August, S's brother, Evan will graduate from Boot Camp at Ft. Benning.
 This is my Summer music choice for 2012. It hit stores yesterday...great album!
 My Summer reads....yes, please. I'm on book #2. Who else is with me?!!
Dallas is my Summer TV pick. It premiered last week and oh my gracious...talk about the greed and deceit. It's pretty dang good.
There are always several 4th of July celebrations that we attend and I'm determined to take this little pretty to at least of one of them!
Our town has a "Little Patriot's Parade" for kids around the square on the 4th...it's SUPER cute! A definite must for the Summer list.
 I can't leave out random family get togethers in the Summer...THE best memories are made here!!
Summer words of wisdom via Jake Owen.
The County Fair rolls into town in August. When I was little, that was my sign that my birthday was getting close. If the fair was in town, it was almost my birthday. Still true!!


Also in August, is the celebrity golf tournament hosted by the hospital I work at. All of the proceeds raised from the tournament and dinner go to various funds that help our patients who are in need of assistance. I get to "work" two days at the golf course and "work" the celebrity dinner...it's a tough gig. Last year's celebrity was former UT Football coach, Phil Fulmer. This year's celebrity is former MLB Player, David Justice, who spent most of his career with the Braves. WOOT! I'm so stinkin' excited to meet him!!
And last but not least, I have a Summer Birthday!!!!! I LOVE birthdays. And I love MY birthday! This the year I'll turn 29 and stay that way forever. Let's not talk about 30 just yet, m'kay?
What's on your Summer Loves List? Play along at Michelle and Jamie's blogs!!

6 comments:

  1. This post just screams summer... I love it! Looks like you've got an amazing one planned, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the summer items!!!
    So cute, and I think the Fifty Shades reference is awesome! I just broke down and started book one...too good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in TN too - stopping by from WILW! I had no idea Kenny Chesney had a new CD coming out - must listen stat! And I'm on book 3 of the Shades of Grey series...pretty interesting stuff :) Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the red, white, and blue water - that is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well happy coming-up birthday! You must be around the MD/DC area - go O's! Can't wait to read about the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete