Monday, May 21, 2012

A So What Kind of Saturday

Saturday afternoon, S & I headed to Nashville with Chuck, Emilee & Ben for a little shopping. The "Thousand Year Flood" of May 2010 closed Opry Mills and just within the past few weeks, they've reopened the doors so we went to check out all that was new and some of the old favorites. 

All strapped in and ready to go....
Until we hit this....
So we waited....
And waited...
ANND waited...
And "Shelly & Melissa" partied luau style behind us. Yes, I reached the point of boredom that led me to take random photos of cars around us, and give them stories, so what?
This little trooper didn't mind the wait. 
FINALLY, we made it to our dinner destination. Hands up for those of you who've dined here before?!!
Served up family style was this fried food overload. Catfish, fries, hushpuppies, chicken, pickles, cornbread, & cole slaw. YUMM-O. Oh and yes, we ate out of "dogfood pans" as Em called them, so what? 
Classy ladies use regular size straws for mini metal cups, so what?
Yeah, that's us in a huge rocking chair, so what?
And the Wilson's gave it a whirl too.
Eventually, we got to Opry Mills and one of the first (and new) stores we spotted was a game store. And I LOVE me some board games, card games, any kind of game really. Needless to say, I was a tiinsy bit excited when I found this...
To answer your question, no I didn't buy it. 

About an hour and a half later and having briskly walked only HALF of the mall, we hear the announcement  that the mall would be closing in 5 minutes. Seriously? Stupid weekend road construction / traffic jam. 

No need to fret...we all have empty calendars for this coming Saturday, so we're going back to finish what we started. (And we're going to leave home alot earlier this time.)

Lesson learned. 

Happy Monday!!!



2 comments:

  1. I'd so skip the mall and just eat!!!
    That catfish looks so good. You have me craving it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a cock of the walk here and it is definitely one of my favorite places to go, I LOVE that cornbread!

    ReplyDelete