Friday, May 4, 2012

Shallow Things That Have Changed My Life This Week

Ok, so I sent an email to my friend Kayla yesterday. A random email (sans pics) and her reply was..."Is this a Confessional Friday link up blog post???" 

Girlfriend was sooo right! I've never linked up with Leslie and A Blonde Ambition before (which I read all the time) but it just fit this week!! Here we go!

My email to her was titled, "Shallow Things That Have Changed My Life This Week". If you came here to read deep and meaningful  thoughts that I've pondered this week. Welp, that's not what you're going to get. Normally, I'm not this shallow, I promise. But simple things make me a happy girl. And sometimes I'm a little dramatic with my choice of words...hence, why these things have "changed my life this week". Fine, they're not really life changers, but they make this girl happy. 


I came home last night and found TWO boxes of Krispy Kreme Donuts in my kitchen! BEST. DAY. EVER. I ordered them about a month ago from a friend's daughter who was selling them as a fundraiser for her travel basketball team. Totally forgotten about them! Great surprise. No I didn't order 2 dozen donuts for just myself. (Although, I'm fairly confident, I could put that many away.) But I did eat 2 donuts waaay later than anyone should be eating food like this. And it was totally worth it!


There is ZERO routine to my job. It's about finding time to do what should be routine things in the middle of a spontaneous hour by hour day. So, it took me all day to go through all this paperwork and my desk looked like headquarters for Dunder-Mifflin. But I finally got it all done. And for that, the world rejoiced.


I realized that at the end of the month, there is a TOTALLY free and clear Saturday on my calendar! That has not happened since September!! I love being busy and having things to do, places to go, people to see, but I'm also pretty stinkin' excited to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on May 26!!


Figuring out that parting my hair in the middle, leaving the bangs full across my forehead and putting in a few messy curls...changed my life. Period. (There's the over-dramatic use of words I promised you.)


Tervis cups have changed my life.


I'm somewhat of a reality TV junkie. I can't help it. I'm a little too excited about the new season of the Bachelorette starting in a couple of weeks. Who didn't love Emily? Raise your hands. See...that's what I thought. She's adorable. 


I've fallen in love with reading again! I go in spurts. That's ok, though. Right now I'm almost done with these two polar opposite books. Is it blasphemy to have the epitimy of a good guy, Brad Paisley, so close to a book of such filth? Hope not. Love them both!!


Stephen and I have been "debating" for a while on whether or not you can "just buy tickets" to the Kentucky Derby. (It's a Bucket List item of mine.) I love all the pomp and circumstance. The dresses. THE HATS!! 


Well, I finally looked it up. You CAN "just buy tickets" to the Kentucky Derby. WOOT!!!


Granted, they're general admission and that doesn't guarantee you a seat...at least you're there and get to experience it all. That's all I want..the experience!! 


It goes without saying, I sent homeboy a text as soon as I found out about this little tid-bit of info. We're soo there...maybe next year, maybe year after next, maybe 37 years. But we're going. I'm all over it!


Tomorrow's Derby Day....AND Cinco de Mayo....AND Eric Church Day!!!!! Have a lovely weekend! 


1 comment:

  1. Hey There! I love your blog! I just added myself to your followers for support and wanted to invite you to come stop by and enter a fabulous MODCLOTH giveaway I'm having right now!

    Hope to see you there, THanks so much!!

    xo, Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/05/giveaway-time-again.html

    ReplyDelete