Monday, March 26, 2012

Today was Good...Today was Fun...

I love Dr. Seuss books. I love their gentle words of insight that provide a powerful punch of wisdom. I love their quirkieness. I love their whimsy.

Recently I found this treasure on wherelese, but Pinterest! So great!!


So where is this Suess-esque blog post going? Recently, I received another great honor to paint a piece of my choosing for donation to the Silent Auction at the upcoming Pink Ribbon of Hope Gala. Click here to find out more about this great fundraiser for women of the Upper Cumberland.

The Pink Ribbon of Hope Gala

When opportunities present themselves and I get to paint ANYTHING I want without it having a family's last name on it or a baby's name, I look to great quotes, Bible verses, song lyrics, etc for my inspiration. This time I took to Dr. Seuss!


Before any words were painted on this one the following conversation played out between me and Stephen one night.

S: "It looks like the Lorax."
Me: "What?"
S: "You  know, the Lorax...trees...Dr. Seuss."
Me: "Yes, I know what the Lorax is, but they're not trees."
S: "Oh."
Me: "But you thought Dr. Seuss? Really!!?"
S: "Yeah."
Me: "You just made my day!.......do you even like Dr. Seuss stuff?"
S: "I guess."

The End.



I hope whoever goes home with this on April 14th (which is S's birthday by the way) will enjoy it as much as I did making it!!


~*~MUSIC MONDAY~*~

Ellie Mae Bowen with her version of "Holding Out for a Hero"...yes, I'm still on a Footloose kick.


Leaving you with a bit more Seuss wisdom on this pretty Monday!

“When he worked, he really worked. But when he played, he really PLAYED.”
-Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment