Monday, January 2, 2012

Auld Lang Syne

Welp, it's a brand new year! Yesterday I started taking down all my Christmas lovelies and today I put up my brand new fresh and clean calendars. Don't you just love a new, clean calendar?

A few weeks ago S & I went to the movies to see "New Years Eve". It was a fairly decent flick and he enjoyed it too, so it's not just a chick flick. Personally, I enjoyed the music from the movie, so as soon as we got home I downloaded the soundtrack.

Fitting for this time of the year, is Lea Michele's (from Glee) version of "Auld Lang Syne". Who knew this was a WHOLE song with several words?? Not this girl. Anyways, it's really a beautiful song, so click below to play the song in its entirety. (Word to the wise, go to the very bottom of the page first and pause my regular blog music...just sayin'.)


I'm not big into making New Year's Resolutions. Because let's be honest, those things are usually broken before February. So, what about setting some goals for the year and working towards reaching those? Is a goal the same thing as a resolution? Perhaps.

Nonetheless, here's a few things I'm hoping to achieve this year....

1. Better health overall. I've joined the "Wellness Program" at work for the new year, so that will keep me motivated to stay on track with overall lifestyle changes that will better my health. (And dropping a few pounds along the way wouldn't be horrible either.)

2. I hope to be more patient with certain people. It's something I struggle with, but I'm going to try my hardest to do better this time around.

3. I want to start saving more money and start to think ahead instead of just thinking about the right now. I'm not getting any younger, and I think adulthood is setting in.

4. I want to get rid of things I don't need or don't use. I've accumulated so much junk in my three and half years that I've had my apartment and it's time I get rid of stuff. (Yes, for those of you who are Facebook friends with me, this does stem from my status yesterday about the show "Hoarder" being on all day and suddenly having the urge to throw away everything I own. I mean, I am by no means even in the same ballpark as those people, but it does make you realize, there's always junk stuff you can and need to get rid of.)

5. I want to read for fun again. I used to read all the time and for whatever reason, just slowly migrated away from that, but I want to do that again. It's just a good, quiet time to have for yourself.

So that's it for now. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible, and hopefully I've done that. If in 6 months, I'm still working towards these goals or have achieved one, I'll be doing good.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment