Friday, November 11, 2011

11.11.11

I’m not good at math…never have been…never will be. I envy people who can count money backwards. I’m the one in a store trying to figure out on my phone how much something will cost if it’s 30% off. It’s horrible really. With this in mind, and with my non-legit math skills, I would assume that a day like today’s date would not happen again for another 100 years. Correct? That would be November 11, 2111. Doesn’t that look weird…2111? I mean, yes next year we’ll have 12.12.12, but it’s not the same number…it’s two numbers. Regardless, I think it’s safe to say that this will be the only 11.11.11 that I and probably you will ever get to witness. Enjoy this #1 day!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2YeknH-DkAc/TSQEBFRE26I/AAAAAAAAAGo/n9ppH-eeCKs/s320/number-11.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2YeknH-DkAc/TSQDwPc-4XI/AAAAAAAAAGg/QnH5rBsZPMg/s320/4671493466_17a394d125.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2YeknH-DkAc/TT53KvwZiZI/AAAAAAAAAHI/rQnmz3Fjpa4/s320/numero_once.jpg


Today is also Veteran’s Day. On the 11th day of the 11th month, we honor those who have so bravely defended and served our country. Originally instituted as Armistice Day, President Woodrow Wilson set aside November 11 in 1919 as the first recognized holiday for veterans, saying,

To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country's service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations."



 This is my Pa, Oliver Anderson, Korean War Veteran.

Tonight is date night! And for that I am thankful and so excited! It’s been a looonng week. (And yes, this is what I was beating around the bush about in the last post. However, I’m not going into full details of the whole thing just yet. It’s still very new. But I’m so happy & anxious to see what’s in store for us!)

I’m still painting my little heart out…didn’t see that coming did you? Remember all that green..well now, they have red too!


Tomorrow is Riley’s birthday party!!!! I can’t believe that little joker is almost 5! Unreal. For a year he wanted a Phineas & Ferb party…up until about a month or so ago when all of a sudden it was Batman and NOTHING else would do. So now it’s Batman and we’re trying our hardest to talk Colin into a Phineas & Ferb party in April. Lots of family, lots of kids, lots of toys and lots of cake! I love birthdays!!!!

Here’s the birthday boy in a sneek peaks from a recent photo shoot with Julie Wilken.

 Photos by Julie Wilken – Capture Photography

Speaking of Julie, last Saturday she hosted one of her Fall Mini Sessions, this one being her “Sugar Plum” session! She asked me to paint a few canvases for her to use as props for the photos. The color palette she picked out for this shoot was gorgeous and FUN! I can’t wait to see how some of them turned out for her!!








Happy 11.11.11!!! And please take time out of your busy schedule to honor our Veterans! Not only today, but always be mindful and grateful for their tireless will and sacrifices they’ve made for us.

http://ww2-pictures.com/Iwo-Jima-Pictures/iwo-jima-flag-raising.jpg


Freedom lies in being bold. – Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment