Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Peach of a Bridal Shower

Last month, my friends Angela, Amy & I hosted a Bridal Shower for our friend Becca who’s getting married in October on an island off the Georgia coast.

Angela and I were in World Market one day when I had a lightbulb moment for the shower theme. She’s getting married in Georgia…..Georgia Peach! A Peach themed shower! Brilliant if I do say so myself!

 I bought Sparkling Peach Juice and Southern Peach Salsa from World Market and went from there.

 I made chicken salad and served them on croissants (because that’s how a good Southern lady serves chicken salad). Angela brought some yummy fresh veggies and dip and an assortment of cheese and crakers. Amy made a great fresh fruit salad which had fresh plums from the plum tree in her backyard! I served cinnamon sugar pita chips with the peach salsa. For a little flair and tribute to our Bride, we had her fave snack, Slim Jim’s.


Once again, my favorite cake baker in the whole wide world, Terri Wheeler, made this great French Vanilla creation! Check her out on Facebook – search Cake Creations by Terri.


 I found the idea for the cake topper on The Knot. My cousin Elizabeth has a Cricket machine and made this right up for me!


 For drinks we had sweet tea, water, peach juice and Peach Nehi’s (clever, eh?).




I thought the group picture was on my camera but apparently it was on someone else’s so I don’t have that to share with you. But 10 out of 13 of us were there, and that’s great seeing as how difficult it is to get everyone together at the same time.


 Becca racked up on some nice gifts and had some help from Michelle's son, Jackson.


Beki was able to join us even though she was well on her way to giving birth. Two days later, Miss Ali Grace Hillis was welcomed into world! We will have a Sip & See shower (or as Angela calls it a Guzzle & Glare) for her in November.

We’re a group that started out years ago in college as 13 girls. Now it’s 13 girls, 11 husbands, 1 fiancée, 8 daughters, 2 sons, 2 babies on the way and a partridge in a pear tree.

We’re  ecstatic for Becca & Adam’s upcoming marriage, and we rejoice with Beki & Ivey’s new little family. I love these girls to pieces and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for our futures!!


No comments:

Post a Comment