Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October Is for Baseball

**Pre-Post disclaimer: May the good Lord be with me and not strike me dead for the canvas I'm about to post.**

I've been a lifelong Braves fan....even through the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day years. So you can imagine the difficulty, pains, migraines, sweats & jitters I had in painting a baseball themed canvas... for the Red Sox.


Now here's what they've got going for them: 1. They're in a different league than the Braves. 2. They've got a pretty great story & history behind them and for that I have respect for them. And 3, they got put out of going to the playoffs last game of the regular season just like Atlanta did...so in the end, we're all losers and we're even.


In all seriousness, this was one was really cute to make and my first baseball and my first logo. I think it turned out pretty decent. It's easier to buy all kinds of cutesy toys and clothes and accessories for little girls, but having two nephews myself, there's a special place in my heart for having nice things for little boys. I'm sure once he is born, little Isaac will be raised a Boston fan, and that's ok. Not the best option, but ok. (Only kidding.)

Thanks to Isaac's grandmother, Mrs. Beverly Whitson for ordering this for his baby shower! Wonderful idea!!


But I will tell you this......I reserve all rights to turn down a NY Mets order. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment