Monday, September 5, 2011

Confessions...

I love SEC football (primarily UT...what else did you expect me to say?). I'm not sure why. I think it's definitely a Southern thing. No one else in my family is crazy over it except for a few cousins. I. Love. It.

It also means that Fall is quickly approaching, and that short season has alwasy been one of my favorite times of the year. I've made it a tradition the past few years to make the first Saturday of football a stay-at-home day. I'll turn on ESPN's College Game Day, clean my house, put out my Fall decor, and flip between different SEC games that day. It's a great day.

Only this particular year, I was feeling a little under the weather on Saturday so I didn't get as much done as I had hoped and we had a big family get together that night so it wasn't a total stay-at-home day.

In honor of it being the kickoff for college football, I made some Oreo Brownies for our dinner and served them up on this platter. This is just about the only time I can use this thing (and I have two of them) and for Super Bowl parties of course.



These are super simple to make! Just make a 13x9 size pan of brownies according to the directions on the box. (I always do the "cake-like" brownies & add an extra egg.) Add in 1 cup of crushed oreos. Bake according to box directions. Let cool completely. Frost with a vanilla icing (I use the "Fluffy" icing.) Then top with 2/3 c crushed oreos. Voila!

Two weeks ago today, I woke up and decided "I want to cut my hair off today." And I did. Well, I didn't, my hair stylist / therapist Crystal did. She's great. I didn't give myself much time to think about it, I decided, called her, went to salon, and it was gone. Now, I will say this..I should've thought this thing through a little more because for the first week, I wasn't such a fan of my 'do. But in this past week, I'm ok with it now and like it. I just had to get used to it and accept it. I had also been having some trouble with different things going on, which I will NOT get into on here, and Crystal explained this as me "doing something that you have control over. You can't do anything about the other stuff so you're changing something you do have control over." Hmmm...she was right! So, here it is....
A little over 5" of hair....gone in less than 10 minutes. But I'm ok.

Notice that beautiful orange I'm wearing...this was the same day I was mentioning earlier. In true Southern girl form, (and I NEVER EVER EVER thought I'd take a picture of myself like this because I tend to make fun of ones who do make pictures of themselves in the mirror..) team t-shirt, jeans, pearl earrings (which you can't see) & a great pair of shoes! Love this season!!

Ok, here's the remainder of the sneak peak from the last post. My dear friend Lorna, wanted something generic that she could use for different family birthday gatherings...this is what I came up with.


Loved how these bright colors worked together! Thanks Lee Lee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment