Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cold and Colds

I don’t know about the weather in your neck of the woods, but here in Middle Tennessee, we’ve had an early cold-snap. We went from 97 degrees on Saturday to highs barely hitting 60 on Monday. And I’m pretty sure it’s rained non-stop since Sunday afternoon. As nasty as it’s been, I’m not complaining, we need the rain in a bad way.

Wish our friends in Texas would get some of this and help ease their wildfire ordeals. Don’t know if you’ve been keeping up with that, but it’s horrible. Such sad stories of families losing their homes and pets. My heart just breaks for them all.

On top of this drastic weather change, I’ve had a cold / allergies / sinus crud I’ve been battling since Saturday. This has been my breakfast of champions the past few days…

Pretty isn't it?

I was sooo cold yesterday, I had the guys go get me a heater to put behind my desk. (Those men, I do believe they’d do just about anything for me.)


On the homefront, I broke down and put out my Fall décor while I was off on Labor Day. It was the perfect rainy/cold day to stay in and do stuff around the house. In between blowing my brains out through my nose, I loved Monday!
I keep a grapevine wreath on my bathroom door year-round. During different holidays, I spruce it up by adding a few touches to it with ribbon or something. When I unpacked all my Fall goodies, I unwrapped this sign which I was about to hang in it’s usual spot over my kitchen sink. I passed the bathroom door, saw the wreath and thought, hmmm…I wonder? Three minutes later and some cute little ribbon, this is what I had! Great last minute idea!!


What are some of your great Fall Decorating Ideas? Leave a comment and let us know!


1 comment:

  1. I put a fall colors wreath on my door. Yep. That's it. I always intend to buy mums and get real cutesy...but it never happens. So this year, I'm not even gonna pretend.

    ReplyDelete