Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Catching Up....

My name is Erica....and I am a horrible blogger. Of late at least.

I wear myself out with my own life...by myself. I do not know for the life of me how you mommies out there do it. God bless your precious hearts.

Ok, so since the last time...I had a birthday, Ann Marie moved away to start her college life, Kayla got married, I spent a weekend at my friend Angela's, started painting HARD.CORE, Riley started t-ball, I made a really great & easy peasy lasagna (IN THE CROCK POT!), my little "brother" John & his fiance Brittany had their first wedding shower, Emilee & I had a Girls' Day Shopping Spree, found out about a free Eric Church concert, and Em's hubby Chuck shot himself with a nail gun. (Pure accident of course.)

Still feel like reading?

1. My birthday. I've almost reached the ever oppressive "29 and holding" phase. Lord I dread next year because then I WILL be 29 and I'll be in fear of the number that comes after 29. Don't get me wrong, I am blessed, I am healthy, I am happy. Why is it we have such a hard time with 30?? I don't know, I've still got a couple years before I have to totally break down over it.

Look at that pose! What a heartbreaker. And yes, those are donuts on my cake!!! Because I have this slight obsession with Krispy Kreme. My dad ordered this for me! He's the BEST!

2. Ann Marie moved to Chattanooga to start at UTC. She's the first in our family to move away for college. We're blessed to have a great college in our hometown and most of us have stayed here and gone there. She's said for a long time that she would move away, so it wasn't a complete surprise when she decided to definitely do it. Nonetheless, she's not here and we miss her terribly, but through the marvels of modern technology, we communicate with her all the time and she is LOVING it! She'll do great!
3. Kayla got married. And it was a perfect day! A little warm, but what else do you expect for mid August in Tennessee?! It was a simple wedding, but it was beautiful! 
So I was the MOH...again. Last time, I forgot the most important task. I forgot the groom's ring. Yep, didn't even think about til I got all the way to church stage. We improvised that time. So the joke at this wedding was, "Erica! Don't forget the ring!" I didn't. If you look carefully, you can see it shoved onto 2 of my fingers. Then....we get to the next picture. I get up to the deck and the preacher mumbled, "Do you have his ring." I smiled and under my breath said (and pretty loud too) "Mmmm-hmmm" and we all got a little tickled.
Kayla....she was gorgeous. There just aren't any other words.

Kayla & Shawn are both Warren Co. natives and the wedding was in Coffee Co. In Southern Tennessee, they drink Sun Drop, like they drink water. I owe my love for Sun Drop to Kayla & her family. Sun Drop was a big deal at this wedding. There were cans....everywhere.
 

And....Here is my traditional picture for my future tell all memoir, "27 + 1 Dresses" Loved the green and HOT pink flowers. Great Summer color combo!

4. After the wedding, I drove a short distance to my friend Angela's house. She, her husband Nate & I went out to dinner then came back to their house to just hang out and catch up. On Sunday we went shopping and had lunch our traditional meal at a Red Lobster, and we looked at baby things, because they're expecting a little one in February..the end of February...and it's a leap year. I would wish on NO ONE ELSE IN THIS WORLD to have a Leap Day baby EXCEPT for Nate & Ang, it would truly be the most fitting thing for their personalities. Fingers crossed for Feb. 29 Baby Campbell! 

5. I started painting. I have alot of orders piling up so I attacked about 7 at one time. I think I'm getting a process down on these things.

6. Riley started "Fall Ball" in Algood again. I've not been able to make one of his games yet, but next week...I am so there to cheer on the team's BEST player all the players.

7. Saturday, was my day of rest. I had no plans at all and I kept every intention I had to make sure it stayed that way! I found a recipe online (this was before I started Pinterest, so I actually wrote it down instead of pinning it, so I have no idea what website I found it on) for Crock Pot Lasagna! Is that even possible?? Yep, it is...and it was really good too! I ended up having spur of the moment company and I just happen to have this and a nice big salad made so I fed my guests! It was a very nice dinner. (Which reminds me...there's a new group on FB Crock Pot Girls...look them up and "Like" them on there! There's lots 'o great recipes. They're working a website too!)

8. I have no brothers by blood, but my friend Amy's brother John has always been my "little brother". He's so cute. Anyways, he's all grown up now, a nurse in our hospital's CVICU unit and getting ready to marry a great girl, Brittany. Their first shower was on Sunday at the church that John grew up in and still attends with his family. As is becoming custom for me, here's my gift...




9. Emilee and I both took off work yesterday and had a much needed, much over-do Girls' Shopping trip day. We hit the stores at The Avenue in Murfreesboro and it was such a perfect day weather wise! Oh it was fabulous!! And we went to Target, naturally. Had lunch at Red Robin, shopped some more, found some great sales, and stopped by Sweet Cece's froyo before we left.

10. Eric Church is part of a free concert in downtown Nashville later on in September!! EEEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all I have to say about that.

11. So I'm sitting at my desk this morning and get a text from Emilee, which is odd because normally she emails me during the day. It said, "Chuck's at the ER with a nail in his hand. Go to him. On my way." So I hurried up there expecting to find his hand wrapped in a towel or something covered in blood...nope, no blood. At all. I was a little disappointed. He was fine. Nail went straight through his finger. Xray showed it didn't even hit the bone so it should be able to slide right out. And it did because I watched the doctor do it. I was fascinated. (That's my dorky side coming out for sure.) They didn't even have to use any pliers, he just pulled that sucker right out. I took pictures on my phone, but figured they might be a little too graphic to put on here. Right before the doc started I asked, "Will anyone be offended if I video this?" The guy nurse in the room was like, "Dude..this is going on Facebook." We all laughed, so it was nothing too serious. However, as I write this, I bet all of his pain meds have worn off by now and he's probably hurting pretty bad. But at 9:30 this morning it was funny. I sent him a text message later this afternoon checking on him and told him that was by far the highlight of my day. He texted me back, "Me Too."

Oh...and I just had dinner with my grandparents for my grandpa's birthday. They're precious...but I've told you about them before, so I won't get into that again.

Annnnnnnd...that's about all I can think of right now. I feel better. I feel caught up. So we're good again, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment