Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pomp & Circumstance & Misquito Bites

Today was High School Graduation day in Putnam County; with the exception of Monterey whose was last night. Graduating with honors were 4 of my cousins! From CHS, Ann Marie Anderson, Charity Ashburn & Scott Hannah & from UHS MegAnn Weddle!!! SOO proud of these kids! The world is your canvas...paint it one stroke at a time.  : )



These two were orders I did back at Christmas (hence the Christmas presents in the background). Thought it would be appropriate to save them to post now. The graduate above is from Jackson County High School in case you're not familiar with that Blue Devils blue.
Below, is one for my cousin Ann Marie. Word is she's taking it with her when she starts school at UTC in the fall!



Now on to mosquito bites.

I have them.

Lots of them.

All in good efforts to make my flower pots pretty & clean & new.....I got bit like a ba-JILLION times. Just on one leg, one arm, one shoulder, one armpit, and one side of my back. APPARENTLY, the right side of my body was not attractive to those little demons yesterday, just the left side. I've tried it an oatmeal based lotion and calomine lotion. (Is that how you spell it?) Not helping. I can't take Benadryl because it makes me feel nervous & antsy? My uncle told me tonight to try Lysterine. Really? I can't even gargle with that stuff...let alone muster the thought of rubbing it on my body. YUCK.

This is where you insert your suggestions in the comments section. PLEASE & HURRY!

3 comments:

  1. I've heard covering the bite with clear fingernail polish helps. Never tried it though to know if it works or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I just love your work :) I was wondering how much do you typically charge for a canvas? My baby girls first birthday is coming up in August, and I would like to have something to hang on the front door to welcome guests.
    Thanks
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will try the clear nailpolish...I think they're mating season is in full swing around my house! They're awful!!

    Thanks Jessica for the kind words! Shoot me an email at ericaflatt@gmail.com and I'll send you a pricelist! Look forward to hearing from you, thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete