Saturday, April 23, 2011

Party for the Ladies

Our Mom's 60th birthday was all the way back on March 3rd, so naturally the best time to celebrate is April 9th. Ok, so the explanation is...I went on vacation in March, then our parents went on vacation in March, then my sister and her family went on vacation in March....see where this is going? We planned a "Ladies Luncheon" and prayed for a warm, sunny Spring day. That's EXACTLY what we got! It could not have been more wonderful!

Let me start with the invitation....it was perfect. I ordered them from Vistaprint. Their prices are good, their selection and flexibility you have with the layout is good, the turn around from the time you order to the time you receive them is good...but the emails you get after you order...UGH. If you can stand receiving about 10 from them a week...it's worth it.



Now...the food!!

For desserts I made a homemade pound cake, fresh fruit salad with honey lime dressing, cinnamon struesel muffins, lemon angel food cake with raspberries and we also had mini brownies. And please notice my tulips...do you really think I'd have a party without tulips? C'mon.


I got this food tent cards from GreenApplePaperie on Etsy. Soo many options for their design! LOVE these!!! 

All of serving pieces were pieces from Fostoria Glass' Colony collection. Colony was produced between 1938 - 1982. It is absolutely beautiful! I'm so fortunate to have these pieces and be able to pass them on to my own children (maybe) one day.


For lunch, we had fresh veggies & dip, Harry & David's Onion Pepper Relish dip, pasta salad, deli rolls, quiche cups, homemade pimento cheese sandwiches (a true Southern staple) and homemade chicken salad sandwiches, sweet tea & homemade lemonade.




My cousin Elizabeth has a Cricket machine and we made this banner for the luncheon. I looked on different Etsy stores to get ideas then went and paper shopped. This turned out EXTRA SUPER CUTE!!








Several of my mom's cousins were able to come. It was the first time that so many of them had been together in several years. It was a great time for them to catch up, share old stories, laugh & just enjoy each others company. It was a great day.


I think I've said this about fifty-seven times already but it really was a wondeful day for a wonderful lady who I simply like to call "Mom". I am so pleased with how it all turned out.


1 comment:

  1. I'm blog hopping and found yours! I'm now following! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

    ReplyDelete