Sunday, December 19, 2010

The. FARTHEST. thing. from. Christmas. ever.

I'll set the scene, exactly one week before Thanksgiving, sitting at work, working away, email pops up in the corner of my screen. All I can see is "You have a date with your paintbrush." This can't be good.

I clicked to open it.

My aunt, Samantha, had spread the word about my painting in the department she works at in the hospital...and before I ever even knew it...BAM! More orders in one email than I EVER imagined. It was that email that sent me from being 22 behind the week before Thanksgiving to 43 behind!!

So I kept reading, jaw on the desk, eyes as big as dinner plates and not a thing going through my mind except, what have I gotten myself into?!? Can I really do this?? Then I saw these words on two orders, "likes camo." Are you serious!?!?! Man, these people have a whole lot more faith in me than I do myself. So, I'll admit, I put the camo ones off til the very end...because quite frankly, I was terrified! But, now they're done and personally, i think they turned out really great, considering the feelings I first had about doing them.



You can't tell very well in this picture, but I just could NOT bring myself to put ribbon on these. I mean, c'mon...it says "Russell's Man Cave"....I wouldn't have slept that night if I had put ribbon on something that said MAN CAVE!! Solution..twine. It's manly, yet functional for my purposes.


This one is for a little 1 year boy who "likes camo". I decided to make it a little different than the other...more like a little boy. I LOVE how it turned out!!



No comments:

Post a Comment