Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cats, Candy Corn & Clinics

Three things I never thought to blog about together...but here ya go!

I don't like drawing animals or people - let alone paint them. I'm not good at it, never have been...don't like it. But leave it to my dad to challenge me to do a "halloween cat" canvas, as he called it. Granted, he sketched it out on paper to begin with but...he left the rest to me. This is how it turned out.




So...I got this one done only to have my dad say, "So, I was thinking...you could do a whole series of cats on the fence...you know, for every season." Then he proceeded to share a year's worth of sketches to me. My sweet dad. Bless him. And where his "idea" has come from with cats?????? Your guess is as good as mine.


MORE CANDY CORN!!!!


 These make cute little quick gifts for anybody!!!

 One of my BESTEST GAL PALS, Angela is a school nurse for 2 schools in Smyrna, TN. She wanted a canvas to put up at each clinic and gave me the green light to do WHATEVER I wanted!!!!!!!!!! Oh, freedom, how I LOVE thee!! I've been dying to do something with "tiffany blue" & red, so I thought this was my perfect opportunity!!! However, for some reason it reminds me of the circus??? Do you see it?


 The camera does not do justice to how well these two colors work together! LOVING THEM!!

Ok, so I've got a few knocked off my list....but have several to go. Check back....I'm busting out SEVERAL fall orders everynight!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment