Friday, September 17, 2010

More & More for Fall!!

It's time to put all my training to use...yeah, whatever. Tomorrow is the "Run 4 Don" 5K in Gainesboro. Don Chaffin is a wonderful, God-fearing, kind hearted Christian man; an example to all. He has ALS, more commonly known as Lou Gehrig's disease and it has taken its toll through the years. The money raised from tomorrow's race will not be going to help with his medical expenses. Some might view that as selfish...and that is far from the man that Don Chaffin is. 60% of tomorrow's funds will go towards a scholarship fund that has been set up & the remaining 40% will go to ALS research. Over 500 people are expected in the morning...what a tremendous showing of love & support for such a giving man. Then, later tomorrow, it's time for the Locust Grove Church of Christ Fish Fry & Gospel Singing. THEN, even later is the "Cemetary Walk" through Cookeville. Let's just hope some of this weekend's plans stay more together than last weekend.

Now for a painting update....orders are coming in & I'm already behind. Wondeful way to start. Check out this simple but oh so cute 6x8 for Halloween....great for teacher gifts & Secret Sister gifts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment